1. “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: For he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” – Hebrews 11:6
2. “Faith means to believe and have assurance of something. Faith is assurance that the things promised in the future are true and that unseen things are real.” – Hebrews 11:1
3. Natural faith: Natural trust in things which have proven stable. Saving faith: Faith toward God combined with true repentance. Sanctifying faith: Helps you live a holy life after conversion. Defensive faith: Spiritual weapon for defense against Satan.
4. It is necessary for salvation. You cannot please God without it.
5. By hearing God’s Word. – Romans 10:17.
6. He heard the Word. He believed the Word. He turned from his hopeless condition. He accepted God’s promise as fact.
7. Faith is an attitude of believing in something you cannot see but have assurance you already possess. Hope is a desire or attitude of expectancy concerning things still in the future.
8. ‘Mind over matter’ teaches that man can overcome all problems by using his mind, reason, or willpower. These teachings are man-centered and rely on self instead of God. Faith is God-centered, not man-centered. it is a gift of God, not something man produces through self effort.
9. Faith is what you believe. Works are what you do.
10. “Faith toward God” refers to your attitude towards God. It should be one of faith, not of rebellion, fear, etc.